Friday, March 5, 2010

Another "Tell Me Pastor" Letter, (real or not?)

here is another letter in today's weekend Star allegedly from a gay man, I still think these letters are "created" for the column

Dear Pastor,

I am a regular reader of your column. I am a mature Jamaican male and a true believer in God. I have a strong faith. I pray to the Lord all the time. Many times I proved that God has blessed me with many things in my life. I do go to church at times but because I am gay and I know the black churches are against anyone who is gay, I keep this feeling to myself. There is no one out there in the black church communities who one can trust to sit down and talk about things. It would become a scandal and fingers would be pointing at me. From day to day I go along keeping it all bottled inside. I have no one to share it with.

I would like for my letter to be published so if there is anyone who is like me, whether church brother or any other brother in a similar situation, I would like if they could get in touch with me and talk about our situation. This would very much help. I know there are gay bars and clubs around many towns here in England, but I am not interested in those types of places. I don't feel at ease in those places. Going to church doesn't make me comfortable either because I know they would not accept me if they know I am gay.

Aren't we all humans created by God? God does not condemn us so why should men? Not everyone who goes to church is righteous or living the life they should.

Thank you, Sir.

L.S., London, England.

Pastor responds:
Dear L. S.,

If you are asking me to help you find a gay partner, you have written to the wrong person. I can tell you right away, your request is denied. The only thing I can do for you is to assure you I will be praying for you and will never condemn you. I can also tell you I do not support your lifestyle, but no one should condemn you and let you feel uncomfortable wherever you choose to go, live or work.

Concerning the black churches, I have observed that no one in these churches have attacked you. It is because you are scared as being identified why you do not feel comfortable among them. Perhaps these churches have been teaching that homosexuality is wrong and is not accepted among them. So you do not wish to be known as a homosexual.

Any minister who would abuse and condemn any sinner is overstepping his boundaries. It is because of fear why you have not gone to see a professional to discuss your situation.

I suggest you continue going to church and pray and ask God to give you the courage to make an appointment to see someone in whom you believe you can confide and discuss your situation without fear.

You should probably consider seeing a Christian psychologist or family counsellor.

Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment