Sunday, December 25, 2011

Could you kindly deliver this letter to Mr Mullings ........ from an Average, Straight, Christian, Labourite.

Here is an interesting piece that has been making the rounds in social networking pages and groups, this is not new in terms of a response to the Leviticusal rebuttals from the church on homosexuality normally leaving out the other abominations and dishonestly zooming in on the same sex reference while also leaving out the historical context the book was written. In light of the Bible totting MP Clive Mullings at a recent JLP function. See for more on that here with the Sodom trope:



Mullings slams Simpson Miller over buggery law review plan
'No nation that seeks to move away from God's words can succeed'

If sin is sin then why is homosexuality made to be a greater sin than others? 

And since we have no record of Jesus himself condemning homosexuality are we sure that it is a sin in certain contexts?

Have a read of the piece and arrive at your own conclusion.

Dear Mr Mullings,
Hon. Clive Mullings 
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your speech, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, 

I simply remind them that Leviticus
18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Haitians, but not Cubans. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Cubans?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual unseemliness
- Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9.. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states
he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the Police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there'degrees'of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/ polyester blend). He also tends to
curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.
Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.


Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Yours Truly,

The Average, 
Straight, 
Christian, 
Labourite.
**COPIED**
ENDS
Raymond Pryce ridiculed by JLP supporters on the strength on the queen of Jamaica comment made by Mrs Simpson Miller during the leaderhsip debate recently. 


What little LGBT support for the JLP has been dwindling fast and with photos like that above just by observation since the pronouncements by Daryl Vaz on Adam on Steve, also mayor of Kingston and candidate for West Kingston taking Bruce Golding's place also joined the fray and the recipient of this letter enclosed Clive Mullings also joined in. Very serious thinking is missing though in regards to the proposed conscience vote, while Mrs Simpson Miller may have our interest at heart on the face of it I continue to say there is method to madness and a conscience vote may very well put a complete stop to the agitation on LGBT rights etc. Of course the JLP has been attempting to capitalize on the stance taken by Mrs Miller, will it lead to a victory for them? Here is a video remix of both leader comments and a digitally voiced commentator suggesting a theocratic stance in governance:


also see: Has PNP received financing from gay community?- Vaz says JLP confident of securing 34-38 seats in Dec 29 poll


Mullings slams Simpson Miller over buggery law review plan - 'No nation that seeks to move away from God's words can succeed'


from Mark Wignall: PNP to review buggery law when?

‘Idiot plan that!’ - Many Jamaicans against Buggery Law review ...............

Peace and tolerance

H

No comments:

Post a Comment