Thursday, May 19, 2011

RASTA EXPELLED/suspended FOR BEING STRAIGHT? - Man claims classmates made advances at him says Star News


The following headline appeared in the Star and it makes me wonder yet again if all of this story is true as we know fully well the sensationalist tactics of the tabloids, the Star News seems to be the only one standing from the group as the Xnews has been down for some time and the Observer Chat has been quiet as well.

I deliberately placed "suspended" in the post title as it turns out the young man was suspended according to the school's coordinator, so what is the Star doing here now grabbing readers with a lie or misleading headline?

There seems to be more to this than meets the eye as you read the piece in its entirety obviously this dude is in a class where some same gender loving typed jokes may have been run, it is not lost to many these days even on our streets we see more men being "comfortable" in a sense with open gay jokes with each other. I witnessed one at a bus stop some time ago where two rival bus crews busy trying to get passengers in peak hour heckled each other with one suggesting to the other male that he should come sleep with him that night if he didn't make enough money for the day to take in to the bus's owner, which also suggest there is a feeling that gays or same gender loving men get into gay sex for money. With how "tight"our males are dressing these days and with public persona like Vybz Kartel leading the metrosexual charge bleached face, tattos and all I am not surprised at anything these days.

Have a read and see what you make of it:

A 35-year-old rastafarian male student is claiming that he was expelled from his school because he is heterosexual.
Vavadean Dennis recently told THE STAR that in a class of about 24 male students, he was pressured by a group in the class who constantly made sexual advances at him.

"About 20 times dem mek sexual advances at me and a tell me seh I must change my heterosexual ways. I got expelled because dem call me into a meeting and they didn't even ask me anything, dem just start attacking me saying that mi come fi mash down di school."

THE STAR understands that Dennis who is pursuing a certificate in plumbing at a Kingston training institute, had several confrontations with administrators at the school.
However, it climaxed last Thursday as he was called in a meeting and told to apologise to his teacher for some recent disrespectful remarks; failing to apologise, Dennis was given a one-week suspension.

compromising position
"Just because me tell dem seh mi nuh want nuh man feel me up, di teacher run me out of the class. When I am in class doing my work, there is a group of guys who try to get me in a compromising position. There was this one time, this 18-year-old youth tried to come up between my legs and so I had to create a scene in the class and all of a sudden mi hear dem a seh mi refer to my teacher as 'teacher bwoy'."

He further stated, "sometimes you will look over one side of the classroom and you will see some of the boys exposing them private parts. There was this other time, this next male student was wheezing in my ears, dem even threaten me saying that dem ago hurt me and I want to know if the teachers dem never hear that."

"I was expelled. Dem call me inna a meeting saying that they are giving me an ultimatum and that I should apologise to the teacher and to the class but I don't do anything, and I don't see dem doing anything about these boys who are making sexual advances at me."
In the meantime, when contact was made with the coordinator at the school, she told us that Dennis was not expelled, instead he was asked to apologise to his teacher and given one-week suspension.

"Dennis is a student who can manage his schoolwork, however, the only problem we have with him is that he is extremely homophobic. Once you are a part of any school you have to interact with other students, and if a male student even walk too close to him, it is a problem and he starts to behave boisterous. It is not the first time a rastafarian has enrolled in the school, but this is the first time we have had complaints about homosexuals causing trouble at our school. We have no evidence of what Dennis is complaining about.

She further lamented, "He needs help, we have tried with him. We are here to help and offer training; but we cannot offer more than what we were equipped to offer. He needs some psychiatric help."
ENDS

More notes:
the section where students allegedly expose themselves to each other in class sounds not true although given today's younger generation it may be probable but in a single sex institution in Jamaica and given our public homophobia that is still real I doubt that happened.
Some questions:

Is the Rasta or the Star suggesting that all the other 23 males in the class alongside the instructor are all about same sex activity during tutoring hours?

Is this a sex ed class with gay practical sessions on the timetable?

You be the judge yah but pick sense out of nonsense.

Peace and tolerance

H

No comments:

Post a Comment